Tell me what you think & what you want to hear about!!!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

"I believe books are meant to change, not pretty up the world" -Meridith Maran-


I  have long had a love affair with the power of the written word. Reading, writing, speaking it and absorbing everything I could get my hands on has been my saving grace more time than I can count. Escaping into a world of make believe or learning new ideas and points of view have changed my life for the better in a million different ways. 

My heart beats faster and I get butterflies in my stomach every time I find someone with the courage to talk about the difference between how things are supposed to be in these United States and how they actually are, always believing that knowledge is power.  I am proud of my liberal politics; I'll trade the good life for a life that stands a chance of actually doing some good any day! 


The irony of my life is that as accepting and forgiving of others as I am, to myself I am rigid, critical and brutally overbearing.  All the writing acclamations, praise and awards do little to silence the "editor" in my head.  Year after year, I have allowed self-doubt and fear to spread like a cancerous disease, slowly eating away at my creativity and imagination.  


Well after much praying, soul searching and self examination, the only answer I can come up with is...


NO MORE!!!

Succeed or fail, I am going to write! Spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors be what they may; I refuse to be held hostage by Merriam Webster and the AP Style Guide any longer! Somewhere along the way, all the tools I was given to improve and compliment my writing boxed me in to a wrong or right, good or bad mentality.  My chronic need to please at any cost has brought me to a crossroad in my life; the terrifying fear of what others might think pales in comparison to living a life of "could of, should of, would have" in front of my beautiful and amazing daughter.  


This blog is my journey plain and simple.  My writing, admirable or ridiculous as it may seem, is a window into my soul.  It will be random, timid at first and always honest; the only thing I can guarantee is that I will keep writing! 



1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You'll love it! Not many read mine but I love it anyway, it's such a great outlet. I can't wait to read you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, karma's a witch!!!